Usernames in Magic Online are available on a first come first served basis and some usernames are not allowed. Here is a helpful guide to help determine what is not allowed in Magic Online.
The following types of names are not allowed in Magic Online:
- Vile, profane, rude, homophobic, sexist, or racist names including profanity, sexual preference, sexual innuendo, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result that crosses a line.
- Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of others, to harass others, or used to impersonate a Customer or representative of Daybreak Game Company.
- Names containing significant religious, political, historic origin figures or words (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin, God, Nazi). We’re not too worried about names such as Blueangel, or Daredevil, Godlike or other such names, but you can’t run around with a religious figure as your username or in your name or words being used in a religious sense (e.g., HolyGod - see the difference?).
- We also don’t need to see political references, such as Obama, Bush, Churchill and other politicians from around the world in our game.
- Names intended to cause disruption and/or invite political discourse, e.g. "stirring the pot".
- Names where the combination of any names violates a previous rule.
- No accented or alternative letters will be allowed.
- No websites or addresses.
- No drug and/or medical terminology references.
- For all of the above, misspellings and/or alternative spellings of the word or words are also unacceptable.
Non-compliance with these guidelines will expect to result in action taken on the account including but not limited to a username change and a warning, a temporary suspension from gameplay, or a permanent ban from the game.
Please be advised that Customer Service Management reserves the right, at its discretion, to determine whether any username is inappropriate for use in-game, and to effect its immediate change, regardless of when the name was created. Decisions by Customer Service as to whether or not a name violates this Policy are final.